The Seventh Chakra is where we tend to lose a lot of believers. It’s taking the personality and mind of someone, and then extending it to the unknown. The unknown scares people, but some of us feel comfort in it. We can sit down with graphs, lab results, and scans to try and figure out who we are. And while we would be capable of coming up with several answers, the biggest answer is that we just are. Yes, it’s cryptic, but we’re talking about the last and final chakra here. Physically it’s centered in the brain and gray matter, but it affects any and all of who we are. It’s our true self connecting with literally everything in our world and the next. It’s where our soul is housed. When we block this chakra it can lead to headaches, depression, spiritual crisis, or lack of inspiration. When this chakra is overloaded, we can start to obsess over the otherness and forget to take care of our physical selves.
For awakening and aligning our Crown Chakra, I’ve turned to The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Chakras by Betsy Rippentrop and Eve Adamson:
AWAKENING THE CHAKRA
- Sit on the floor, legs crossed, seat firmly planted on the floor. Feel your pelvic bones and imagine roots anchoring those bones to the earth.
- Take several long, slow, deep breaths as you visualize your seventh chakra spinning slowly and glowing white, open and healthy in your mind.
- Imagine your chakra radiating an white circle of light that radiating in your head.
- Imagine the planet’s energy that ignites your seventh chakra, so that it glows gently as it spins.
- Imagine the warm, white light flowing through your body in cool waves.
ALIGNING THE CHAKRA
- Stand in Mountain pose with your feet hip-width apart and your arms at your sides.
- Imagine the chakra, in your mind, spinning and growing warm. Feel the top of your head warming.
- Picture a beam of white light glowing down from your crown, filling your upper body with light and healing energy. Then, picture the light going from your crown to your Root chakra, filling your lower body with the same light and healing energy.
- Lift your arms up and imagine the light glowing through you to the sky and the center of the earth.
HEALING THE BLOCKED CHAKRA
To heal a blocked chakra meditation is yet again the go-to. You can also try prayer, spiritual and self study, and therapy.
HEALING THE OVERLOADED CHAKRA
To heal an overloaded chakra you should take the time and ground your body and mind together. Balancing your other chakras will also help tremendously if you are have dissociation issues.